Brother Klaus  
  His Life
Our companion
Prayer
Literature
Peace
 
  Services  
  Pilgrimage Office
Youth Hostel
Pastoral care
Museum
Tourism
 
     
   
     
 

Sachseln

       
   

Parish Church

Parish Church in Sachseln

The Parish Church in Sachseln, built from 1672–84, is also a well-known place of pilgrimage – the reliquary of Brother Klaus since 1679.


Burial Chapel

Burial Chapel

His first resting place was in the Burial Chapel, next to the Church Tower.

Both the Parish Church and the Burial Chapel are places for prayer and silent meditation.


Saint’s habits

Saint's habits

In 1610 one of the Saint’s habits (Brother Klaus was canonised in 1947) was placed in the Parish Church and can be seen today in the right wing, in a glass case.


Picture of Meditation

Picture of Meditation

Between the two side altars on the left of the church you will find the "Picture of Meditation", which Brother Klaus called "his book". The inner circle, with the face of God, and the outer circle are brought together by six rays, three running outwards and three inwards. The six medallions depict works of God. 

     
  Programme  
  Masses Times  
  Pilgrimages  
  Holy Places
 Sachseln
 Flüeli-Ranft
Pilgrim Paths
 
  Various Points  
  Links  
     
  deutschfrançaisitalianoenglishespañol